Frequently Asked Questions

External Links

By clicking this link you are now exiting the City of Hailey (or other City Department) website. The City of Hailey is not responsible for and has not confirmed the accuracy of the content of the linked website. By continuing on to the linked website, you are acknowledging that the City of Hailey is not liable for any damage resulting from your visit to the linked website.

A. You must first determine where the crime occurred. The agency having jurisdiction will take your report and determine what follow up work must be done. Reports can be made in person, over the telephone, at the scene of the crime, or in some instances via facsimile machine. You should always consider filing a theft report even in the event that it is a small loss and you believe the property is not recoverable or your deductible is too high to cover the loss. In some cases, we have recovered stolen property ftom cases filed years prior while investigating a new case. Many times we learn that property is stolen but we have no case or victim to return it to. This occurs quite frequently in the case of bicycle thefts.