Capital Improvement Priorities
The Public Works Department is responsible for developing certain new public infrastructure when needed, and keeping existing infrastructure in a state of good repair. The department's greatest public infrastructure needs include the following:
- Transportation - maintain existing streets and sidewalks, fix failing streets and sidewalks, add bike and pedestrian infrastructure, increase connectivity
- Public Spaces - add parks play and maintenance equipment, add and maintain shade structures and restroom facilities, improve irrigation systems
- Water System - increase conservation measures, add new well, add emergency power
- Wastewater System - ongoing treatment improvements to meet permit compliance, add reclaimed water system, add new equipment
- Facilities - complete J.C. Fox Building repairs, add storage facilities, expand water/wastewater offices, increase maintenance budget all facilities
Biosolids Handling Facility at the Hailey Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The project adds a new biosolids handling facility at the existing wastewater treatment plant site.
- The new process will streamline wastewater treatment operations, and reduce hauling and maintenance costs.
- The project is funded by a $6.5 million voter-approved bond.
- The project is currently in final design and the city has prequalified contractors for upcoming bidding.
- Construction is scheduled to begin in June 2015 and be complete in approximately March 2016.
Cobblestone Lane Sidewalk Improvements
- The project adds sidewalks on Cobblestone Lane from the Wood River Middle School to Main St., and improves the pedestrian crossing of Main St. by adding flashing beacons on both sides of the street.
- The Blaine County School District is a project partner.
- Funding for the project comes from an Idaho Transportation Department Community Choices for Idaho grant (federal aid), and matching funds from the City of Hailey and the Blaine County School District.
- Construction is scheduled for the summer of 2016.
Hailey Community Climate Challenge
Public Works Director
Phone: 208-788-9830 ext. 24
Public Works Coordinator
Phone: 208-788-9830 ext. 20
Park and Event Coordinator
Phone: 208-788-9830 ext. 31
Waste Water Division Manager
Phone: 578-2211 ext.10
Water Division Manager
Phone: 578-2211 ext.12
Street Division Manager
Phone: 788-5965 ext.10
Back to Top