Building Services FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes! The building code states that you must obtain a permit to do any of the following: erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish.

You do not need a permit to paint, reside, or replace floor coverings such as carpet, tile, or linoleum. Alternatively, you do need a building permit to replace windows and ensure that they are installed according to the building code.


City of Hailey Staff

State of Idaho, Division of Occupational & Professional Licenses