With a new seasonal Housing Report, City Staff aims to communicate the strategic planning, progress, and accomplishments involved in creating Community Housing in Hailey. This inaugural report includes:
- an overview of housing needs and goals in Hailey;
- a review of the City’s Housing Policy Statement and new Employee Housing Assistance Program;
- an explanation and inventory of the Community Housing units in Hailey;
- examples of city planning efforts that promote a healthy housing stock;
- a description of our community partnerships and their impacts; and
- blurbs of the housing-related projects on deck.
Notably, Community Housing units make up 15% of Hailey’s housing stock! Although current housing needs are dire, the City of Hailey has implemented a variety of successful solutions in the past 5 years alone. As the wider Wood River Valley community increases its attention and support for housing accessibility and security, City Staff are prepared to continue Hailey’s momentum.