The City of Hailey, in partnership with the Hailey Urban Renewal Agency, is working on a Downtown Master Plan to guide growth, development and public improvements in the downtown area for the next 10-15 years. We have surveyed the public twice, with 388 community responses and an additional 98 businesses. The Plan is based on the following community goals:
- Authentically Hailey Downtown: preserve and promote the western mountain-town heritage and friendly small-town feel of the community.
- Vibrant and Distinct Downtown Core: Establish a vibrant, distinctive mixed-sue environment that is uniquely Hailey.
- Safe and Convenient Crossings: Improve safety and accessibility for pedestrians throughout the downtown core.
- Town Square as a Destination: Create a central gathering place for the community in a new Town Square at the center of Downtown.
- Connected Shops, Parks Amenities: Unite downtown and its surroundings with a clear network of pedestrian and biker-friendly routes.
- Maintain On-Street Parking Capacity: Ensure downtown businesses are easily accessed by vehicle for quick trips and out-of-town visitors.